Adjunct Faculty - Mathematical Sciences
Thank you for your interest in working at William Paterson University.
William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty within the College of Science and Health, Department of Mathematical Sciences.
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as an adjunct faculty member at William Paterson University.
Please note that there may not be a vacancy at this time. Rather, qualified applicants may be contacted if and when there is an immediate need, or on an exploratory basis for a future opening.
For general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate courses in this department are taught both online and in person. Those generally taught by Adjunct faculty include, but are not limited to:
- Contemporary Mathematics
- College Algebra
- Business Math
- Elementary Statistics
- Introduction to Physics
- General Astronomy
- College Physics I and II
The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers a BA degree in Mathematics, a BS degree in Mathematics, a BS degree in Actuarial Science, and an MS degree in Applied Mathematics while also offering minors in Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics. The Department aspires to achieve an active, collaborative learning community where each member contributes to the learning of others. To develop such a community for learning, the Department has an academically diversified faculty with specializations from many fields of mathematics and physics. The main goal of the Department is to prepare students for graduate school, teaching, and professional careers in the mathematical sciences through its major and minor programs. The Department strives to develop competent, confident, enthusiastic majors who have a broad foundation in the study of mathematics and who can apply their developed skills and knowledge to a wide variety of theoretical and applied programs.
For more information visit:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline as a guide, develop relevant syllabi in order to deploy course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to six (6) credits per semester in an undergraduate course or courses (see course listing above).
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance and being available to the students for their questions and needs.
- Teach in-person and/or online depending upon course schedules and department needs.
- Manage the course section's use of Blackboard and any online homework/learning platforms, if applicable.
Required Qualifications for Undergraduate courses:
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related area.
- Experience teaching both online and in person.
- Proficiency with technology.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and fellow faculty.
- Demonstrated commitment to content, teaching excellence, assessment strategies, and positive outcomes.
- Capable of exhibiting patience and resourcefulness in managing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to set and work toward common goals in a collaborative environment.
Invitation to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application and submit a cover letter
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact email@example.com
Click here to view the total rewards of working at WP
William Paterson University is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell your personal information.
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit University Facts
To apply, visit https://wpunj.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ext/job/William-Paterson-University/Adjunct-Faculty---Mathematical-Sciences_R275
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency